- You can only spend $21 on food and beverages during the Challenge week.
- All food purchased and eaten during the Challenge week, including fast food and dining out must be included in the total spending.
- Do not eat food that you already own.
- Avoid accepting free food from friends, family, or at work.
A couple other suggestions:
- Keep track of receipts on food spending.
- Take note of your experience throughout the week and feel free to share your experiences with others here on the Michigan Food Stamp Challenge blog.
- Consider how your experience is different than that of someone who depends on food stamps every week.